Monday 23 April 2007

The rantings of a house wife

The frustrating ordeal of finding a job continues (Patience aint one of my traits). Each day begins with me applying for more and more jobs I know I deserve. I had the experience, and the distant memory of topping one inconsequential Instructional Design test. I assumed my rather impressive resume (modesty aint one of my traits either) and wah wahs from managers in the past, all of whom seemed heartbroken when I resigned, would do the rest. Sadly, the mobile tucked away in my apron while I experimented in the kitchen didn't come alive. The few times it did, I switched off the gas, ran into a quieter room (to get away from the loud music that blares from the television) and answered with an "oh-so-professional" tone.
Call 1: Wrong Number
Call 2: A friend asking about a recipe
Call 3: The husband asking if a specific bill has come.
Call 4: Parents wondering why I'm not online.

On the bright side my culinary experiments have been successful, and i've begun to enjoy what once sounded like a trecherous ordeal (blame it on wives who spent a lifetime in the kitchen). I make something new each day, and tell myself that maybe one day I'll be as good a chef as I was an ID. I've also been catching up on a lot of reading, thanks to all the time I have. I hop across to the library and carry back heavy books that i hope to finish in a month. For those looking for new reads, i recommend:



And...

If you like stories that span generations, you might enjoy them. While Wild Swans is a true life account of three generations of women in communist China, The House of the Spirits is another one of Allende's fictional tales that she spins so cleverly.
*
On a totally unrelated note, why was Abhishek Bacchan dressed like a Mughal emperor for his wedding?!

No comments: